Sorry I missed yesterday’s Rundown, but when the kids are home from college they kinda take priority. We went and got tattoos together yesterday in an expression of modern-day bonding, I suppose. I did not get the MLB logo tattooed on the back of my neck nor did I get a replica of Javy Baez’s 2016 World Champions tattoo, however, the woman who had work done ahead of me got the Wrigley Field ‘368′ sign surrounded by ivy on her shoulderblade and it was quite unique.
So we now know the criteria for signing Shoei Ohtani because CAA representative Nez Balelo informed all 30 MLB teams with the specifics via league-wide memo, asking teams not to submit financial bids in the process. A unique request amid unique circumstances (responses are to be submitted in both English and Japanese), the criteria include:
- An evaluation of Shohei’s talent as a pitcher and/or a hitter;
- Player development, medical, training and player performance philosophies and capabilities;
- Major League, Minor League, and Spring Training facilities;
- Resources for Shohei’s cultural assimilation;
- A detailed plan for integrating Shohei into the organization;
- Why the city and franchise are a desirable place to play; and
- Relevant marketplace characteristics.
I’m sure …Read the Rest
Source:: Cubs Insider