Bryce Harper is a free agent. The Phillies are shopping Carlos Santana. Rookie of the Year arguments are demolished. The Sod Poodles have arrived.
Good morning baseball fans.
- Tom Verducci has a piece on the career of free agent Bryce Harper and where he stands on the edge of free agency, ten years after Verducci wrote his famous piece on the then 16-year-old phenom.
- Jonah Keri looks at the Nationals offseason plans and what do they do if Harper leaves?
- The Giants are one team who have been linked with Harper but Alex Pavlovic thinks San Francisco is more likely to spend the money on several players instead and he offers some possibilities.
- Richard Justice has seven teams that are likely to break the bank this offseason. The Giants are indeed on the list.
- In case you missed all the other similar lists that I’ve linked to in recent columns, Gabe Lacques has a ranking of the top 57 free agents this winter.
- Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu accepted the team’s qualifying offer of $17.9 million. The other six players tendered a qualifying offer turned it down and are now free agents.
- Matt Kelly gives …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue