The Yankees clinch but lose Didi Gregorius. The Braves clinch. The Diamondbacks had an epic collapse. The Philles and Mariners had more normal collapses. Baseball in Germany.
It’s the last Monday of the regular season. That’s hard to believe.
- Yankees clinch! The-uh-uh-uh Yankees clinch . . .a wild card spot.
- It was a pretty pyrrhic victory for the Yanks as the game was won on a walk-off double by Aaron Hicks, scoring shortstop Didi Gregorius, But Gregorius tore the cartilage in his right wrist on the play and may be out for the rest of the year.
- Coley Harvey profiles Hicks, whom he calls the Yankees’ anonymous hero.
- The Yankees weren’t the only team that got their playoff ticket punched as the Braves clinched the NL East.
- Bob Nightengale talks to Braves manager Brian Snitker, who guided the team to their first NL East title since 2013, about his lifetime journey with the Braves and his comparison of this year’s Braves to the 1991 Braves. Also, Nightengale reveals that former Braves general manager John Coppolella had decided to fire Snitker before this season, but then Coppolella got fired and banned from baseball before he could …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue