A preview of Players Weekend 2018. More details emerge from the Nationals clubhouse. The Red Sox are just too good. Yet another independent league meltdown.
Good morning. I don’t think any jersey for Players Weekend can match what Seung Hwan Oh wears every day. (For the record, Oh is just wearing his name in Korean characters for Players Weekend. At least I think it’s his name.)
- So Players Weekend is coming up on August 24-26 and MLB announced all the nicknames that players will wear on the backs of their jersey. Whitney McIntosh makes her picks for the best and worst names on the back.
- Darren Rovell has his favorite ten jersey names.
- As do Jake Mintz and Jordan Shusterman pick their favorite jerseys. It seems like “Stringbean Slinger” is showing up on a lot of these lists.
- Players Weekend is supposed to be about fun, so Matt Snyder is telling MLB broadcasters to celebrate the players having fun, don’t condemn it. He might be referring to Braves broadcaster Joe Simpson. He is, but he’s got other broadcasters in his sights too.
- The Athletics made another move to bolster their bullpen as they …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue