The standoff between Boston and JD Martinez continues, and Arizona may see an opening. The Cardinals make a move: was it enough? Spring Training is close to starting.
Who are the only two Hall of Famers selected in the Rule 5 draft? You can probably get one, but the answer to the second one is one of the links today.
By the way, I prefer Contreras too.
- With Yu Darvish off the board, the attention turns to free agent outfielder J.D. Martinez. Alex Speier looks at the Red Sox current situation in the free agent market, but he made news by reporting that Boston’s offer to Martinez was less than has previously been reported.
- The Diamondbacks are exploring “creative ways” to get a deal with Martinez done. They are hesitant to do anything that would hinder their efforts to sign Paul Goldschmidt to a long-term extension. (As well they should.)
- Whitney McIntosh wonders if the Red Sox are blowing their chance to add Martinez.
- Stacey Gotsulias asks who needs Martinez more: The Diamondbacks or the Red Sox?
- Travis Sawchik argues that the Red Sox and Martinez need each other.
- Mike Axisa gives four …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue