The free agent market opens and Bryce Harper is the hot topic. Mallex Smith returns to Seattle, where he once had a great hour. Bill James sounds off and Alex Bregman does good.
Good morning. I’m with Harold Reynolds. I totally think that “Hot Stove” on the MLB Network should be a musical.
- The GM meetings took place in California the past few days and Jon Paul Morosi has five things he found interesting from the meetings.
- Jon Heyman has ten storylines that are emerging out of the GM meetings.
- While there was only one trade consummated at the GM meetings, Mark Feinsand has ten players, both free agents and trade targets, who drew a lot of interest from the general managers there.
- The one trade that went down saw the Mariners dealing catcher Mike Zunino and outfielder Guillermo Heredia to the Rays for outfielder Mallex Smith. Each team also threw in a minor leaguer.
- Jeff Sullivan offers his thoughts on the deal. He thinks the Rays got the better end of the deal.
- Emma Baccellieri also breaks down the Mariners/Rays trade. She thinks the deal is more balanced.
- There’s a subplot to this deal in …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue