Patrick Corbin signs and the NL East is the most interesting division in baseball. The pitching market starts to take shape. The Mariners fire sale continues.
I’m a man of few words today. Actually, I have a lot of words. A whole dictionary’s worth, in fact. I’m just choosing not to use most of them.
- The Nationals surprised everyone by agreeing to a six-year, $140 million deal with free agent pitcher Patrick Corbin. Most thought that Corbin signing with the Yankees was close to a foregone conclusion with only the Phillies possibly standing in the Yanks way.
- Craig Edwards evaluates the signing of Corbin. In short, he thinks it should be a terrific deal for the Nats, albeit one with considerable risk. Even a bit more than the normal risk associated with a pitcher.
- Emma Baccellieri looks at Corbin’s ability and concludes that the Nationals now have a “terrifying” starting rotation. Washington just hopes that it’s terrifying for other teams and not them. Their hopes will likely be realized.
- Zach Kram agrees with the strength of the Nats’ top-three starters and emphasizes that Corbin may be the difference in the playoffs for Washington.
- David Schoenfield looks …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue