Or so someone said about Bryce Harper. The Pirates played “old-school baseball” and lost because of it. The Mets season is falling apart. Pronouncing Spanish names.
- Robert Murray created a stir by quoting an anonymous “National League executive” who called Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper “overrated” and a “selfish, losing player,” whom he wouldn’t sign. (It’s clear that Mr. Anonymous is not a GM or Team President because he writes “If I was in charge. . .”) Also in that same article, Murray talks about top “GM candidates” and the Cubs‘ Jason McLeod is unsurprisingly in the top echelon.
- Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo angrily defended his star’s reputation and production, calling the report “chickens***.”
- Craig Calcaterra gives a taste of some of the media reaction to the comments on Harper.
- Then Harper got hit by a pitch twice in a game against the Yankees. He had a bad day.
- Speaking of getting hit by a pitch, Pirates pitcher Joe Musgrove hit the Diamondbacks‘ Chris Owings with the Pirates winning 5-0 in the seventh inning, kickstarting a Diamondbacks comeback and a 9-5 win for Arizona.
- We’ve hit “Peak Nightengale” as Bob …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue