The Mets, Diamondbacks and Pirates are off to a great start. The Dodgers are not. The weather is still a big issue. Some long-awaited call-ups may wait a little longer.
Good morning Monday and happy Patriots’ Day if you live in New England.
- Rangers pitcher Bartolo Colon gave us all a thrill last night, but lost his perfect game in the eighth inning and had to settle for a no-decision.
- The Mets won again yesterday, improving their record to 12-2. Craig Edwards tells you why you shouldn’t be surprised the Mets are off to a hot start.
- Why are the Mets so good this year? Maybe because for the first time, their all five pitchers in their much ballyhooed starting rotation are all healthy at the same time.
- Their ace is still Noah Syndergaard, and while I disagree that this pitch “violates the laws of physics”, it is one of the nastiest breaking pitches I’ve ever seen.
- However, since this is the Mets, something bad must happen. Catcher Travis d’Arnaud will miss the rest of the season with Tommy John surgery and the Mets other catcher, Kevin Plawecki broke his left hand …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue