Arrieta wasn’t perfect, but he helped his own cause and the Cubs wore down the Diamondbacks 7-3.
1. Miguel Montero had 2 doubles that were about 4 feet away either up or left from being home runs. He also had a good presentation game, and was generally just a badass.
2. Soler had a 2-run bomb to retake the lead at 5-3. It was a lead they would not relinquish.
3. Jake Arrieta wasn’t the best on the mound (of course, it was still 7 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO), but he also CRUSHED a 2-run homer that went 440 feet. Jake, from State Farm, is one of the better hitting pitchers on the planet (in addition to being one of the better pitching pitchers).
1. Addison Russell was slick as usual with the glove, but he floundered mightily at the plate in his first 2 plate appearances. He ended up 1-5 with 2 SO and a FC that probably should have been a GIDP (but was overturned).
2. Apparently Anthony Rizzo is a mere mortal. He went 0-4 with a walk and two strikeouts. Wonder when he’ll get released.
3. Randy the Random Number Generator is a …Read the Rest
Source:: Obstructed View