OSS: First place!
- Jason Heyward’s bat is so hot right now, you can see it from space. He drove in Ben Zobrist in the eighth inning to tie up the game against the best reliever in baseball. A lefty!
- Speaking of Zobrist, that run was set up by some great baserunning. Zobrist moved to second on a sac fly and motored on home on Heyward’s single.
- Anthony Rizzo had some rotten luck early in the game, lining into a double play in the sixth and hitting a 500+ foot HR just foul in his next PA. He got all of the last pitch he saw, however, launching a bomb to give the Cubs the lead in extras.
- Rookie reliever Randy Rosario calmly knocked down two sudden death innings after Heyward tied the game, easily dispatching all six batters he faced. He was actually the WPA leader on the team in this one.
- Javy Baez did Javy Baez things, striking out on three pitches way outside of the zone and following it up with a walk. More of those would be nice, Javy.