OSS: Beat the Mets, Beat the Mets, step right up and sweep the Mets.
- The Cubs completed the sweep on the back of a solid Jon Lester start. He threw seven shutout innings, striking out seven and allowing just two hits. Rosario, Cishek, and Duensing closed the door without too much drama.
- The Cubs got the first (and eventually winning) run was a steal of home by Javy Baez. I’m not sure why any pitcher would go for a pickoff at 1b while Javy was at third, but I’ll take it.
- I’m back in the 21st century after a giant wildfire took out our telecon’s main line to the outside world. We got some rain today but it doesn’t look like it helped that much. Thank DeRosa that we are upwind.
- Addison Russell sprained a finger and will probably miss a few games.
- Joe made some strange decisions this series, but I’m not going to harp on them after a four game sweep.
Next up: The Cubs have an off-day, then return to Wrigley to host the Phillies for a three game set. Sort of sadly, Arrieta is not slated to pitch in the series.
Source:: Obstructed View