The Cubs and Diamondbacks went after it Hammel and tongues yesterday afternoon. Fowler and Rizzo went deep, the ball hit the bag, and Arizona couldn’t lick the Cubs, who went to 23 games over .500.
- Cody Stavenhagen (MLB.com): Joe Maddon shares fond memories of the Greatest.
Shut The Door.
- Evan Altman (Cubs Insider): Quantifying hope: Cubs kinda look like contenders with 99.8% playoff odds. “We’re already a third of the way into the season though, so it’s not as if this stuff is all smoke and mirrors.”
- Bruce Miles (Daily Herald): Some players more clutch than others? Joe Maddon, John Lackey say yes. “There’s some people that know how to win,” Lackey opined.
- Rick Morrissey (Chicago Sun-Times): Hard to blame some Cubs fans for occasional crises of faith. “The optimists are right, of course. What could possibly go wrong?”
- Neil Weinberg (Fangraphs): The way Kyle Hendricks is exactly like Clayton Kershaw. “No one gets more infield flies with fewer normal fly …Read the Rest
Source:: Bleed Cubbie Blue