Lots of ways to go. Let’s look at them all in turn.
From Comcast Sportsnet Chicago:
- Patrick Mooney: Things Joe Says. The Cubs got their money’s worth with Joe Maddon at the microphone. The manager’s unique perspective makes him special.
- Mooney: Cubs, Royals, and the myth/reality of a World Series blueprint. Theo Epstein has some words about building for success. That doesn’t necessarily mean copying the Royals. The game has a lot of nuances, and formulae don’t always work.
From CBS Chicago:
- The Cubs appear to enter 2016 with about $120 million in payroll obligations. Could they go higher?
From ESPN Chicago:
- A Sneak Peek at the next five years (Insider article: $). The Cubs look to finish the decade out with a bang. Looking ahead to 2020.
- Willson Contreras has come a long way. The minor-leaguer’s steady improvement has him on-track to reach the Major Leagues in the next year or two. The switch from 3rd base to catcher has gone very well for Contreras.
From the Chicago Tribune: