It has long been suggested that the White Sox would make for an interesting match with free agent third baseman Mike Moustakas, but we’ve seen little in the way of a clear connection. But now there’s evidence at least that the sides are “staying in touch,” in the words of Bob Nightengale of USA Today (via Twitter). Whether that means the South Siders have real interest that would drive a significant offer, of course, is not yet clear. Presumably, the club would be intrigued mostly in a value proposition of some kind, perhaps in a multi-year scenario. While few outside observers believe the Sox roster is primed to compete in 2018, Moustakas would boost the quality in the short term and (more importantly) is young enough that he could be installed as a solid asset for future seasons. With little in the way of clear demand from contenders, this remains one of the more intriguing fits on paper.
- Next story Not-So-High Five: Tyler Chatwood Could Raise His Game at Lower Altitude
- Previous story Jose Quintana content learning ropes under new Cubs pitching coaoch Jim Hickey
- The Cubs were one 2014 loss to the Red Sox from drafting Andrew Benintendi in 2015
- Parking meter surge pricing around Wrigley Field for games and concerts to end this year
- Inbox: What’s the Cubs’ closer situation?
- Report: People around baseball believe Joe Girardi is waiting for managerial job with Cubs or White Sox
- At last, here’s definitive proof that the Cubs did not lose a home date in the 1984 NLCS
About Cubs Chronicles
Cubs Chronicles is a news aggregation service for all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. We scour the internet to find the most interesting stories, new items, rumors and discussion related to your Chicago National League Ball Club. No longer do you need to go to multiple sources to find Cubs news, you can get it all right here at the Cubs Chronicles!!
For information on how to add your blog or cubs related website to Cubs Chronicles, please email us your rss feed at firstname.lastname@example.org.