In today’s column, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe looked at several managers who could be out of a job this winter. Among the skippers listed is Nationals manager Matt Williams, who has come under fire at times for his in-game decisions. Still, in his defense, Cafardo notes that Williams has had to deal with poor performances by players like Ian Desmond and Jayson Werth, not to mention injuries. Other situations to monitor include the Reds (Bryan Price), Phillies (Pete Mackanin), Tigers (Brad Ausmus), and Mariners (Lloyd McClendon). Here’s more from today’s column..
- Next story Kids wind up victims of Jackie Robinson West Little League controversy
- Previous story Anarchists Brunch: A New Day
- Maddon: Cubs Not Likely To Add To Roster
- Phillies reportedly willing to meet Bryce Harper’s price tag
- Cubs Talk Podcast: What to make of Ian Happ, David Bote and the Cubs infield puzzle
- There will be pitch clocks in MLB spring training games
- Mike Moustakas, Brewers nearing deal for about $10 million
About Cubs Chronicles
Cubs Chronicles is a news aggregation service for all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. We scour the internet to find the most interesting stories, new items, rumors and discussion related to your Chicago National League Ball Club. No longer do you need to go to multiple sources to find Cubs news, you can get it all right here at the Cubs Chronicles!!
For information on how to add your blog or cubs related website to Cubs Chronicles, please email us your rss feed at firstname.lastname@example.org.